The next meeting o fthe Technology Task Force is on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 5:30 p.m. in Town Hall. You can also attend electronically.
TOWN of CARY
P. O. Box 8005
Cary, North Carolina 27512-8005
- What: Technology Task Force Meeting
- When: Wednesday, November 14, 2012
- Time: 5:30 p.m.
- Location: Conference Room 21275, Cary Town Hall, 316 N. Academy St., Cary, NC
You may choose to attend the meeting in person or electronically. To attend electronically, please follow these instructions.
Meeting Number/Access Code: 664 529 514
Meeting Password: (This meeting does not require a password)
The electronic meeting requires you to connect to WebEx via the internet and to join the meeting using an audio device.
You must use a desktop or a laptop computer with internet access to participate in the video component of the meeting. The video option is not possible with a mobile device, including a tablet or I-Phone.
Please read this entire public notice, which contains WebEx Best Practices, to help ensure you have a positive online meeting experience.
To connect to WebEx with a desktop or laptop computer
1. Do one of the following to join the meeting:
- Click here to join the online event; or
- Copy and paste the following link to a browser:
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. This meeting does not require a password.
4. Click “Join Now”.
*To connect your audio
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-650-479-3207
Meeting Number/Access code: 664 529 514
* For people wishing to participate in the audio only portion of the meeting, please follow the instructions above to connect your audio. Audio-only participants will not see any visual presentation materials, but will hear the meeting audio.
If you click on this icon in the upper right corner of the presenter’s video it will allow you to see all webcam participants in a larger screen.
From that larger screen you can click this icon in the upper right corner of the presenter’s video to expand it to full screen video. Clicking this icon again reduces it back to the last size.
You can then click on “exit full screen mode” in the upper right corner to go back to seeing presentations and shared content with the presenter’s video in small format in the right upper corner as before.
1. Contact Town Of Cary at firstname.lastname@example.org
WebEx Meeting: Best Practices for Attendees
The playback of UCF (Universal Communications Format) rich media files requires appropriate players. To view this type of rich media files in the meeting, please check whether you have the players installed on your computer by going to https://townofcary.webex.com/townofcary/onstage/systemdiagnosis.php
Getting Ready for the Web Conference
- Try a test meeting at: http://www.webex.com/test7meeting.html
- Join the meeting at least 10 minutes beforehand
- First timers should be aware that there is a bit of software that is downloaded
- Decide how you will connect to WebEx
- Via PC/Mac
- Decide how you will connect via voice
- BEST quality: Landline phone
- NEXT best quality: cell phone
- Lowest potential quality: Voice over IP (depending on the bandwidth of connection)
- Be aware that the default of the chat is to everyone (keep in mind that chats are preserved and are public records and will be shared with others upon request)
During the Public Speaks Out portion of the Web Conference
- Use the “mute” feature unless you are speaking
- Be considerate of others – take turns talking
- Ensure others in your environment realize you are participating in a online meeting; keep background noise to a minimum
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This WebEx service includes a feature that records video, audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the session. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, discuss your concerns with the meeting host prior to the start of the recording or do not join the session. An alternative to participating via the web is to physically attend the meeting. Please note that any such recordings are public records and will be shared with others upon request.
The Town of Cary is committed to providing all citizens with the opportunity to participate fully in the public meeting process. Any person with a disability who needs an auxiliary aid or service in order to participate in this meeting may contact the Town Clerk at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. The -mail address is email@example.com; the phone number is (919) 469-4011; the TDD number is (919) 469-4012.