TOWN of CARY
P. O. Box 8005
Cary, North Carolina 27512-8005
- What: Technology Task Force Meeting
- When: Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Time: 5:30 p.m.
Location: Conference Room 21275, Cary Town Hall, 316 N. Academy St., Cary, NC
You may choose to attend the meeting in person or electronically. To attend electronically, please follow these instructions.
Meeting Number/Access Code: 926 778 439
Meeting Password: (This meeting does not require a password.)
The electronic meeting requires you to connect to WebEx via the internet and to join the meeting using an audio device.
You must use a desktop or a laptop computer with internet access to participate in the video component of the meeting. The video option is not possible with a mobile device, including a tablet or I-Phone.
Please read this entire public notice, which contains WebEx Best Practices, to help ensure you have a positive online meeting experience.
To connect to WebEx with a desktop or laptop computer
1. Do one of the following to join the meeting:
a. Click on this link: https://bit.ly/S59PtK; or
b. Go to https://www.webex.com/login/attend-a-meeting, and type in the meeting number/access code: 926778439
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. This meeting does not require a password.
4. Click “Join”.
*To connect your audio
Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-866-469-3239
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-650-429-3300
Global call-in numbers: https://eval.webex.com/eval/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=205901977&tollFree=1
Toll-free dialing restrictions: http://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf
Meeting Number/Access code: 926 778 439
* For people wishing to participate in the audio only portion of the meeting, please follow the instructions above to connect your audio. Audio-only participants will not see any visual presentation materials, but will hear the meeting audio.
1. Go to https://eval.webex.com/eval/mc
2. On the left navigation bar, click “Support”
WebEx Meeting: Best Practices for Attendees
Getting Ready for the Web Conference
- Try a test meeting at: http://www.webex.com/test7meeting.html
- Join the meeting at least 10 minutes beforehand
- First timers should be aware that there is a bit of software that is downloaded
- Decide how you will connect to WebEx
- Via PC/Mac, iPhone/Android, or iPad/Tablet
- Decide how you will connect via voice
- BEST quality: Landline phone
- NEXT best quality: cell phone
- Lowest potential quality: Voice over IP (depending on the bandwidth of connection)
- Be aware that the default of the chat is to everyone (keep in mind that chats are preserved and are public records and will be shared with others upon request)
During the Public Speaks Out portion of the Web Conference
- Use the “mute” feature unless you are speaking
- Be considerate of others – take turns talking
- Ensure others in your environment realize you are participating in a online meeting; keep background noise to a minimum
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This WebEx service includes a feature that records video, audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the session. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, discuss your concerns with the meeting host prior to the start of the recording or do not join the session. An alternative to participating via the web is to physically attend the meeting. Please note that any such recordings are public records and will be shared with others upon request.
The Town of Cary is committed to providing all citizens with the opportunity to participate fully in the public meeting process. Any person with a disability who needs an auxiliary aid or service in order to participate in this meeting may contact the Town Clerk at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. The -mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org; the phone number is (919) 469-4011; the TDD number is (919) 469-4012.