Editor’s Note: The next meeting of Cary’s Technology Task Force is on Wednesday, October 24, 2012. The public is invited to attend in person or via the web. Here’s all the official details.
Public Notice: 10.24.12 TTF Meeting
Below is the 10.24.12 TTF Public Notice with electronic meeting instructions:
TOWN of CARY
P. O. Box 8005
Cary, North Carolina 27512-8005
What: Technology Task Force Meeting
When: Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Time: 5:30 p.m.
Location: Conference Room 21275, Cary Town Hall, 316 N. Academy St., Cary, NC
You may choose to attend the meeting in person or electronically.
Attend Via the Web
To attend electronically, please follow these instructions.
- Meeting Number/Access Code: 926 778 439
- Meeting Password: (This meeting does not require a password.)
The electronic meeting requires you to connect to WebEx via the internet and to join the meeting using an audio device.
Please read Page 2 of this public notice, which contains WebEx Best Practices, to help ensure you have a positive online meeting experience.
Connect Via Web Ex
To connect to WebEx (
including mobile devices)
1. Either (a) go to https://www.webex.com/login/attend-a-meeting, and type in the meeting number/access code: 926778439; or click on this link to join the meeting:
NOTE: Unless you are using a mobile device that has the WebEx application already installed, you will be required to download software to attend this electronic meeting.
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. This meeting does not require a password.
4. Click “Join”.
To connect your audio
- Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-866-469-3239
- Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-650-429-3300
Meeting Number/Access code: 926 778 439
- Go to https://eval.webex.com/eval/mc
- On the left navigation bar, click “Support”
WebEx Meeting: Best Practices for Attendees
Getting Ready for the Web Conference
- Try a test meeting at: http://www.webex.com/test7meeting.html
- Join the meeting at least 10 minutes beforehand
- First timers should be aware that there is a bit of software that is downloaded
- Decide how you will connect to WebEx
- Via PC/Mac, iPhone/Android, or iPad/Tablet
- Decide how you will connect via voice
- BEST quality: Landline phone
- NEXT best quality: cell phone
- Lowest potential quality: Voice over IP (depending on the bandwidth of connection)
- Be aware that the default of the chat is to everyone (keep in mind that chats are preserved and are public records and will be shared with others upon request)
During the Public Speaks Out portion of the Web Conference
- Use the “mute” feature unless you are speaking
- Be considerate of others – take turns talking
- Ensure others in your environment realize you are participating in a online meeting; keep background noise to a minimum
This WebEx service includes a feature that allows video and audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the session to be recorded. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, discuss your concerns with the meeting host prior to the start of the recording or do not join the session. An alternative to participating via the web is to physically attend. Please note that any such recordings are public records and will be shared with others upon request.
The Town of Cary is committed to providing all citizens with the opportunity to participate fully in the public meeting process. Any person with a disability who needs an auxiliary aid or service in order to participate in this meeting may contact the Town Clerk at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. The -mail address is email@example.com; the phone number is (919) 469-4011; the TDD number is (919) 469-4012.